I am currently in the process of migrating over to a new hosting platform, where I have started a new blog. For now, I will release my posts both here and on the new domain, but soon I will only post over there. So make sure to add the new blog to your bookmarks. 😉 Thank you!
After nearly 20 years of activity and a 2013 effort that alienated many old fans, Hades: The other world sees Yousei Teikoku complete the radical reinvention of their sound and cave a new niche for themselves – but does their new style hold up?
Elaborate, melodic epics with electronic underpinnings are officially a thing of the past: the new album is a heavier, louder affair than Continue reading Yousei Teikoku – Hades: The other world Album Review
Contributors: Shiina Ringo, Marty Friedman, Tamio Okuda and more
- 暗夜の心中立て (Anya no Shinjuudate/The dark night’s double suicide attempt)
- 永久にFOREVER (Towa ni FOREVER/Eternal forever)
- 雨のブルース (Ame no buruusu/Rain blues)
- 空を見上げる時 (Sora o miageru toki/Time to look up at the sky)
- 千年逃亡 (Sennen Toubou/Thousand year escape)
- こころの色 (Kokoro no Iro/The heart’s colour)
- 名うての泥棒猫 (Naute no Dorobou Neko/The famous stealing cat)
- 最果てが見たい (Sai hate ga Mitai/I want to see a faraway place)
Sayuri Ishikawa is one of the undisputed queens of Enka. Her career, now well over 40 years long, is impressive, filled with incredible amounts of album and single releases – but she’s not done yet, as X-Cross 2 shows off a confident, genrefluid performer. Sayuri has come to kick ass – and kicking ass she does.
Continue reading Sayuri Ishikawa – X-Cross 2 Review